Whether it’s a vacation or business trip (we hope it’s a vacation), traveling will definitely alter your Invisalign routine. Here are a few tips to keep top of mind when preparing for your excursion.
- Always take your previous set, your current set and your next set with you. That way, if you lose or break a tray, you can always fall back to the previous set.
- Carry your aligners in your purse or carry-on luggage when flying, in case baggage is delayed or lost.
- Pack an extra case. If you leave one behind in a hotel or restaurant, you’ll have a spare.
- Bring a travel toothbrush and floss picks. (Ask the front desk at your hotel for a travel toothbrush and toothpaste — they’ll usually provide it for free.)
- Keep a bottle of water handy. Rinsing your mouth and trays with it when you need to, plus staying hydrated is always a must.
- Keep a travel-sized bottle of hand sanitizer on you and use it on your hands before removing or reinserting your aligners.
As if catching a flight wasn’t already a stressful task, consider the length of the flight and how comfortable you would letting a stranger watch you take your aligners in and out of your mouth. Make sure to get an aisle seat if you can, since you’ll probably want to head to the restroom before and after meals. You can also eat something before you get on the plane, so that in-flight snacks aren’t too tempting. Don’t forget your case if you’re brushing your teeth in restrooms! At the very least, grab some paper towels to rest your aligners on to reduce the amount of germs that come into contact with your aligners.
Let us know if you have any Invisalign travel tips that we haven’t included and have a safe trip!
For more information or to schedule a free consultation, please contact us at (808) 354-0718. Dr. Dino Dee is located in Honolulu, Hawaii and is a Preferred Invisalign provider.